Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

my new year



Well hey! I knowwww-- I've been absent from the blogging world for most of the fall. But I'm excited about getting back into it-- posts are always swirling around inside my head and so they will certainly be making their way to the blog.

Good timing, too, since my New Year is looking pretty incredible: Travels, weddings, lots of yummy food, ministry news, marriage year 2, Young Life camp trips, New Orleans adventures, a job I like...

Here's a snippet of joy for your New Year's Eve, for your year, for whatever lies ahead.

It is, I think, the ultimate encouragement; the most solid of grounds to stand upon, the sweetest confirmation of our purpose and worth. Sit and let it cover your anxiety, quiet your fears, and steady your heart.

...

1 Corinthians 1:4-9

I give thanks to my God always for you

because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus,

that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge

even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you

so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing

of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end

guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God is faithful, by whom you were called

into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment